Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cause of Death of the Fuku-I Worker: Heart Attack

As always, there is no connection between the death and the fact that he had worked at Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant since May last year, according to TEPCO.

He must have died of stress, Mr. Shinzo Kimura and other experts may say.

For some unknown reason, it took 2 days since he had died for the information to be released by TEPCO.

From Jiji Tsushin News (1/11/2012):


TEPCO announced on January 11 that the worker from an affiliate company in his 60s who collapsed on January 9 afternoon at Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant and was transported to a hospital in Iwaki City in a state of cardiopulmonary arrest died of acute myocardial infarction in the evening of January 9. The worker engaged in the construction of the storage facility for radioactive sludge. According to TEPCO, the family of the deceased notified the subcontractor who notified TEPCO in the afternoon of January 11.


According to TEPCO, the worker had long worked in the construction jobs using concrete. He had been at Fukushima I Nuke Plant since May last year, and his cumulative external radiation exposure was about 6 millisieverts, and the internal radiation exposure was 0.01 millisievert. TEPCO thinks there is no relationship between the death [and the radiation expposure of the worker].

Well, those are the "official" numbers. We now know how the workers get around the radiation limit by doing some tricks to lower the radiation on the survey meters. Besides, in the early days of the crisis, the survey meters were not available for every workers, because the survey meters at the plant had been swept away in the tsunami.


Stock said...

Plutonium Fuel Rods laying in the rubble??

Caught this from a TEPCO released sampling video. Raw Uranium Pellets just lying in the rubble, very clear cut. Maybe MOX too. Maybe some experimental fuels too. Very odd stuff these rods in the rubble.

This is a conspiracy theory to top them all. Not only was TEPCO burning MOX plutonium fuels, they were also using other experimental fuels. They say a picture says a thousand words. Paul Langley was just writing about a similar theory and I thought I would flesh out my conspiracy with some picture evidence. Please review and comment, and follow the links. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Anonymous said...

Intentional omission and falsification of radiation data on nuclear workers has been systematically practiced in Japan, with nuclear plant owners and government cooperating with each other.

See these video documentary pieces.

Hidden radiation labor - Japanese nuclear labors

Anonymous said...

I love this site and the information your provide (available nowhere else), but really, 60 year-old men are known to have fatal heart attacks from time to time...

The industrial facility I work at averages about one job-related death per year and maybe another 2 or 3 from natural causes outside of the workplace. Approx 5,000 total employees.

Is that mortality data available for Fuku pre-quake/tsunami (even if only anecdotal)? How many people were employed there prior vs. how many are on-site now for the mitigation efforts?

Thanks again and don't give up the fight.

Nuclear Skeptic said...

A cardiac arrest at work followed by death within 48 hours would, in most developed countries, lead to a Coroner's Inquest to find out the cause of death. If there is a formal inquest, a proper forensic autopsy and public reporting, I suppose it is too much to ask that the tooth enamel be assayed for high level radiation exposure, or that Chris Busby gets a sample of myocardium (heart muscle) to test it for Cs-137. In any non-corrupt, evidence-based bureaucracy these are the standards we must demand, even if the scientific findings do not suit the commercial agenda of certain vested interests. Learn more about teeth and electron spin resonance (ESR) here:

Chris Busby predicted cardiac deaths, and this one must now be added to the death of the 13-year-old Fukushima City girl who died whilst in heavy training for the Ekiden foot race. "Must be added" does NOT imply that Cs-137 toxicity was definitely the cause, it is just saying "must be thoroughly investigated to prove Cs-137 was present in no more than trivial amounts." (below say 20 Bq/kg)

Anonymous said...

I don't think the plant has 5000 workers, someone can check, but even if it had then we already have at least three "non-accidental" fatalities.

Besides, I think 6mSv in eight months is not insignificant, although flight attendants and pilots probably clock this up routinely.

Anyway, should be fairly easy to gather some comparative numbers.

Well, we are witnessing the biggest medical experiment on the effects of radiation on uhmans ever.

arevamirpal::laprimavera said...

At the time of the earthquake and tsunami on March 11, 2011, there were over 6,500 workers at the plant, with TEPCO employees about 800, I remember. The rest was from affiliate companies. After the accident happened, it has been between 3 and 4 thousand, from what I've read.

6 millisieverts in 8 months is not insignificant, particularly when the number was probably fudged in many ways. In the past, nuclear workers with less than 8 millisieverts lifetime radiation exposure were granted "work-related" injuries status for their illnesses and disabilities.

Good point about autopsy. They haven't done any. If they did, they are not telling us.

Anonymous said...

Would a heart-attack in a 60-something year old man really be followed by a coroner's inquest? I don't think the coroner or the police in my city would bother, to tell the truth.

arevamirpal::laprimavera said...

It looks the police is going to, or has already done, the autopsy. See my latest post.

Post a Comment