Monday, March 28, 2011

#Fukushima I Nuke Plant: Plutonium Found in These 5 Places

A screen shot of TEPCO's press conference (just finished, you can watch here on USTREAM channel when it's on, Japanese only).

The top of the paper is the ocean, the Reactors 1 through 4 on upper right, the Reactors 5 and 6 on upper left. I circled the locations in red circle.

Without knowing anything about TEPCO's decision to sample these 5 points, they seem rather peculiar places to take samples for plutonium. They are rather far away from the Reactors 1 through 4. Here's the picture of Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant from air, from wikipedia.


TEPCO holds the press conference in this room when there is no Vice President speaking. Looking at the live feed it is a small room where many TEPCO managers and journalists are standing. The bigger, more comfortable and brightly lit conference room with audio-visual equipment, which could accommodate all of these people comfortably is on the upper floor, and is not used unless VPs and above speaks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog posts.

I see that you don't get many comments, but I can assure you that many people are following you.

arevamirpal::laprimavera said...

Thank you for following the events over in Japan. As I wrote in my earlier post somewhere, as Japan slowly admits to the gravity of the situation, the rest of the world have moved on and don't seem to care any more. I just had one of my American friends here who said to me "It's all hyperbole, isn't it?" I assured him certainly not. (Sigh...)

Thanks again.

Post a Comment